A Dream Come True!
St Andrews Prep School hosted Liberty Prep School in a practice match on Saturday April 25th 2009, an event which saw the introduction of the Flicx artificial cricket pitch into Jamaica for the first time… Here are some photo’s looking back at the day
Curator for the day and parent Teddy Richards (left) supervises the installation of the pitch.
Proud conceptualiser: Dean Johnson takes a turn at rolling the wicket, whilst St Andrew Prep’s coach Peter Daley seems delighted with the new cricket pitch
Home team St Andrews Prep take first strike and Opening Batsman Bradley Jacks prepares to face the first ball. He made 32.
Batting at three: Neil Johnson essays a late cut. He went on to make 68. Neil becomes the first batsman to make 50 for St Andrew Prep and also the first player to score a half century on a Flicx artificial cricket pitch In Jamaica.
Teddy Richards sweeps the wicket between innings.
- New pitch played well, bounce was consistent with the odd one keeping a little low.
- St. Andrew Prep made 161 for 4 in 25 overs.
- Liberty Prep made 57 all out in 16 overs.
- Man of the Match: Bradley Jacks (32 runs and 6 wickets for 7 runs).
- Highest individual score: Neil Johnson (68 runs).
- Record partnership for the second wicket for St Andrews Prep of 114 between Bradley Jacks and Neil Johnson.
- Good fielding performance by St Andrew Prep with five catches held, three by Taje Blake, one by Nicholas Richards and one by Alex Smith.